“THE REGGIO EMILIA APPROACH PROMOTES A COMMUNITY OF FAMILIES WORKING TOGETHER TO GIVE THE BEST RELATIONSHIPS, EDUCATION AND RESPECT TOWARDS ONE ANOTHER WHILE HAVING FUN.” - A REGGIO EMILIA PARENT
Thank you for your interest in our school. After reviewing information about the school and meeting with the Educational Program Director for an introduction, we hope that we share the same values for early childhood experiences and that you have considered the philosophy of our school as a good fit for your child and family.
The application procedure is as follows:
The first step in the enrollment process is to RSVP for a backstage tour of our eco-friendly campus. To RSVP complete admissions application provided here on our website and a member of the admissions team will contact you with upcoming tour information.
1. Application: Complete the application form online via our school website and application fee of $45 PayPal and submit all documents prior to touring the school campus. If you wish to submit an application and application fee via mail. Please send an email requesting an application and we would be happy to email the application and you can submit via snail mail with the application fee.
2. Attend a schedule behind the scene Group Tour or Open House- The best way to learn more about TerraNichol Academy of The Arts Preschool education is to see it for yourself. Our Open houses and tours are set up to provide information for parents or caregivers. Check School Website Calendar for upcoming Scheduled Tours or visit our Facebook Events Page. Tours are conducted from August-May. Always contact the admissions office if you have questions or please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
4. Submission of Previous School Records: Students transferring from another program must submit a signed Records Release form along with the application materials.
5. Parent/Student Interview: Upon receipt of the application and letter of intent, the parent(s) will be scheduled to meet with the Educational Program Director or Founder for an in-depth discussion of the school's program and your child's educational background. You will also be asked to fill out an online form about your child's development.
6. School Visit: At the requested of the Founder. Your child may be invited to spend one to two days with the teaching team in the learning labs, per the recommendation of the teaching team, after the parent interview.
7. Admissions Packet: Parents interested in enrolling will be given an admissions packet to be mailed at the time of the school tour. The admissions packet will have the yearly tuition schedule rated based on the school admissions application and the program you selected. We have several program options. Yearly Tuition Schedule is given when the school application is submitted. Otherwise, the school has no way of knowing which program you are inquiring about for the school year. Typically, parents enroll two years prior to start date to secure their child's space in the program. We are a small community private school with limited spaces.
Completed Admissions Packet must be mailed to the school within 7 business days of receiving the admissions packet. If your packet is not received within 7 business days your child’ indented space in the program will be forfeited. The paperwork must be filled out, signed, and include all necessary fees to be considered complete.
Complete admissions packets should be mailed to TerraNichol Academy of the Arts 701 Old Englewood Road Englewood Florida 34223
8. Admissions Meeting: The final step, which must be completed before your child may begin attending TerraNichol Academy, is to meet with the Enrollment Director and/or Business Manager. This meeting is to finalize the enrollment process. Forms, such as the emergency card, health forms, parent agreement form, and the tuition contract will be reviewed at this meeting to make sure we received everything by mail. Families will make an initial payment and finalize financial arrangements with the school. Students will not be allowed to attend classes or participate in school functions without parents having completed this paperwork.
Additional Information- We accept applications throughout the school year. Program placement and acceptance to the school depend on the child's academic, developmental and social progress. An incomplete admissions file will forfeit your enrollment space in the program. The file must be complete and received by the deadline before the student can start school. Acceptance: Once all of the above-stated admissions steps have been made and met to the satisfaction you will be notified by mail regarding the status of your child's acceptance within 7 business days after the Admissions Meeting. Admissions Consideration TerraNichol academy does not use a ranked wait pool but rather considers a variety of factors in admission decisions. A child’s age and current developmental range of the learning environments, gender and diversity balance, parental or caregiver participation, and siblings of current families are all considered. Acceptance to the program is also based on the parents'/guardians' commitment to the admissions process. All applications will be reviewed by the founder and you will be notified by mail or email.
TerraNichol Academy of The Arts is open to all children, 18mos. through 1st grade. Registration/Activities fees and tuition must be paid first as a commitment to the school year, made.
Each child must have a current original yellow physical examination form and blue original immunization record or exemption upon enrolling. The forms are available through your physician. Emergency contact persons and medical information need to be updated as necessary, along with any new home or employment phone numbers. Our school year is an 11-month program and runs from August through June.
TerraNichol Academy of the Arts admits students of any race, color, national, and ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs, and activities generally accorded or made available to students at the school. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national and ethnic origin, sex, political beliefs, marital status, disability or special needs in the administration of its educational policies, admission policies, and other school-administered programs.